Translate

Search This Blog

2013/11/28

I've been sick....

I didn't even get the chance to blog about the Harvey Shop Tour on Saturday. I'll upload the pictures and do that soon.

Since I was sick, Mom and I read Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens.
Today, I got to watch Oliver! directed by Carol Reed. It was different from the book but I enjoyed it.

I noticed that Horrible Histories borrowed the tune from "Food Glorious Food" for the song, "Work Terrible Work".

Here are clips of the two songs:
"Food Glorious Food" from Oliver!


"Work Terrible Work" from Horrible Histories



This song about Charles Dickens on Horrible Histories reminded my Mom of "This Charming Man" by The Smiths.

Charles Dickens song from Horrible Histories


"This Charming Man" by The Smiths


~~~~~~~~~~~~


I also noticed that Horrible Histories borrowed the tune from "Empire State of Mind" by JAY Z and Alicia Keys for "It's A New World".

"Empire State of Mind" by JAY Z and Alicia Keys


"It's A New World" from Horrible Histories


Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the USA!






1 comment:

  1. I checked out the Horrible Histories Songs wikipedia entry and I was right about the Charles Dickens song. It is a mash up of "This Charming Man" and "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" by The Smiths.

    Here's the link if you want to check out other songs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Horrible_Histories_songs

    ReplyDelete