Translate

Search This Blog

2012/07/15

Day 4 - Street Pianos Everywhere!

Mom, Dad and I spent all day exploring Toronto yesterday. We found 16 pianos!

"Peru" piano by Angel Carrilo in Berczy Park
This was such a nice, quiet park so close to the busy St. Lawrence Market.


"Aruba" piano by Ryan Oduber in Brookfield Place.
I loved the sequins on the piano. They are nice and shiny


"Bahamas" piano by Ward Minnis at Toronto Union Station.
It made me think of the beach especially since it was so hot yesterday.


"Chile" piano by Gilda Monreal in Maple Leaf Square
The piano was so colourful!


"British Virgin Islands" by Darrell MaCalla at Harbourfront Centre
I like paddling in the Natrel Pond behind the piano.


"Puerto Rico" piano by Anna Maria Dickinson in Toronto Music Gardens
This was such a nice location!


"Jamaica" piano by Evond Blake at CIBC, Yonge & Queen
Mom was happy that we finally found the Jamaica piano.


"Canada" piano by Lee Claremont in Nathan Phillips Square
This was my favourite piano of the day. There were a lot of good piano players at this piano.
It's not everyday that I get to play on a baby grand! And, it was nice having an audience too!


"Haiti" piano by Gabriel Osson in Bell Trinity Square
I wonder what the writing means?




"Cuba" piano by Yunior Marino at CIBC, Bay & Dundas
So pretty!


"El Salvador" by Cristina Cornejo in McGill Parkette
The artist used seeds to decorate the piano!


 "Cayman Islands" by Paul Chin at Allan Gardens
The gardens were closed when we got there, but the dog park was lively!



 "Guatemala" piano by Oscar Patzan
This one felt like I was on stage. :-)


"Uruguay" piano by Hugo Frones
I was sad because this piano was hurt by somebody. I wish I got to see it before.

"Brazil" piano by Solange Escosteguy at CIBC, Commerce Court
I played the piano close to the Toronto Stock Exchange!


"Dominica" piano by Karen Miranda Augustine at Yorkville Parkette
The Yorkville piano was a lot of fun. We got to sit and listen to a lot of other great piano players.
There were tables and chairs and a nice rock area where we could climb!



It was great going around playing the pianos and listening to all those other great players!
Toronto has a lot of talent!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Josh! Thanks for letting us know where all the pianos are, and for the lovely pictures of them. It is sad that some of them were vandalized. I am a music professor at U of T, and I wish you every success in your music studies. I love your enthusiasm and initiative ... keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh,
    Again, thank you for visiting one of my other pianos - Puerto Rico Anna-Maria Dickinson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again!
      Mom really loved this piano!

      Delete
  3. Hi Anna-Maria,
    I really loved your painting for the Puerto Rican piano!
    I have always loved hibiscus flowers and I had no clue that they were the national flower for Puerto Rico.
    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us!
    You are extremely talented!
    - Josh's Mom

    ReplyDelete